Published by Gabriel Oliveira
on April 18, 2020

FSW Step 14 - Work Experience Letters

When you first created your profile, you entered your work experiences. Now you need to submit evidences of that experience.

The way to do it is by getting letters from your (current and previous) empoyers, containing:

If your spouse claimed work experience, she/he must also include similar letters for that experience.

Any document that is not in english or french must be translated by a certified translator. More information here.

FSW Steps

FSW Step 21 - Wait for approval

FSW Step 22 - Send passport to VAC

FSW Step 23 - Receive COPR + visa

FSW Step 24 - Arrange travel

FSW Step 25 - Do the landing

FSW Step 26 - Receive PR Card

Comments

Erdem B Aug 17, 2021 03:29:49

Hi Gabriel, my question is about my supervisor's title on the letter. Unfortunately, he wrote his title as CTO instead of Chief Technology Officer. Do you think i should ask him to change this, or this issue is not a big deal ? Thanks a lot.

Gabriel (Author) Aug 20, 2021 21:42:48

Hi Erdem! Nahh, I'm sure it should be fine! CTO is a very common term (almost as much as CEO), so pretty sure it should be fine. If you are writing a letter of explanation for some other reason, maybe just mention it there (what it means), but I really wouldn't worry about it!

Talal Aug 26, 2021 14:21:20

Dear Gabriel, should I include my salary when I left the company or all the changes during my three years there? I held the same position during that time. Also, I'm paid in cash, will last three pay slips suffice?

Gabriel (Author) Aug 30, 2021 16:07:06

Hi Talal, only last salary should be enough, but if the salary history is there, even better. And if you have that information on the letter itself, no need for pay slips :)

Erdem B Sep 05, 2021 06:59:17

Hi Gabriel, I have a problem with showing annual fee on letter. The HR department didn`t want put it on letter. Then, I got 3 pay slips for each year from them. The problem is I have seen 2 different companies in the pay slips. I have worked in the company for three years, but my first year was registered for another company. There are strong relations between the companies (they are belong to the same owner). My company has stamp and sign on the all pay slips. I am going to explain this in the client info letter. Do you think this is a serious issue to explain them ?

Gabriel (Author) Sep 14, 2021 20:34:23

Hi, I see what you mean. I don't think it's an issue, as long as it's super clear what happened. So maybe on the letter of explanation, send evidence that both companies belong to the same owner, and it's just a formality/burocracy thing that you got payment from different ones. Try to put yourself on the agent shoes, and see if it's 100% clear that you genuinely worked there, and did this and that. Makes sense?

Padmini B Sep 16, 2021 05:54:55

Hi Gabriel, I have found all information on this site very helpful and authentic and really appreciate the work! Hence, felt comfortable approaching to ask my doubt. My query is: do the work experience letters need to be issued on the current date? For example, when I left one of the organizations in 2018, they provided me with an experience letter with all mentioned roles and responsibilities, duly signed and stamped on the company letterhead by the Head of the institute. Would this letter suffice? Or do I have to touch base with the organization and get a fresh one issued specifically for immigration?

Gabriel (Author) Sep 21, 2021 18:31:37

Hi Padmini, glad it's helping! I've been learning a lot doing this website too :) About your question, that one you have from the time you left the company (2018) should be totally fine :) Letters of work experience for immigration don't have expiration or anything like that!

hafida Dec 17, 2021 15:01:13

Hi Gabriel, Thank you for all the advices you are providing to us. I have a question please , regarding the lettre of work experience. My ex employers gave me letters without mentionning : duties, responsabilities, number of hours, etc. Is it acceptable? Thanks you.

Gabriel (Author) Dec 26, 2021 04:19:04

Hi Hafida, a pleasure! Hm... duties and responsabilites are the critical part of the letter - they will compare it with the NOC description. I'd try to get a second letter... Or maybe fulfill that information with a contract, or some other document. But a second letter (complete) is always preferred.

Mariam Jan 02, 2022 08:15:55

Hi My name is spelled different on my old work experience letter, because the company used the info on my resident permit card not my passport. On my RP card my name is spelled differently from my passport. Is it going to be a problem if I used my work experience that shows my name spelled differently? My main concern is that it might be considered some sort of a fraud but I have a very common name and it can be spelled in two different ways, both are correct and acceptable.

Moni Aug 22, 2022 09:45:05

Hi Gabriel! My job position on my old work visa is different than my actual position. My letter of employment states my correct position and my renewed visa shows my correct position. Do you think the old visa is gonna be a problem?

Prabhat Nov 29, 2022 00:58:17

Hi Gabriel, I got my ITA on 23rd Noc-2022. I am reviewing my 10 years' (out of 30 years) experiences, which were mentioned in my express entry profile and observed that my employers (all are very renowned and big corporates in UAE & in India) have mentioned my designation/ title; date i.e. from and until when I wouked with them; and salary (only by UAE employer) but not mentioned my job profile (though my job title defines my senior management position defining my NOC 00 code). On asking, my employers are not accepting my request to mention my job responsibilities and number of hours so what should I do to substantiate my job responsibilities (though my linkedin profile is thoroughly updated and is current with my job responsibilities as well) to fulfil the requirement of my PR application getting through.

Gabriel (Author) Dec 08, 2022 05:49:09

Hi Prabhat! That situation is unfortunately very common. For reasons I can't really understand, some companies refuse to write/sign letters with some details on it. I wen through that issue myself with some employers. IRCC usually understands that, and they usually accept any kind of side-document that serve as evidence of the information missing on the letter. Things like e-mails, offer letters, or even letter of explanation are usually good enough. The trick is to try to put yourself on the immigration agent shoes and try to convince him that you have that experience. The more official stuff you gather, the better. Also a common solution is to write the letter yourself and ask your manager or HR representative to sign it.

Pushap gill Nov 29, 2022 09:26:20

Part time job experience valid hai ja nahi