Published by Gabriel Oliveira
on May 06, 2021

List of Certified Translators for Canada Immigration

If you are going through Express Entry, at some point (after ITA), you will have to submit a lot of documents on your application.

All these documents must be either in English or French. If they are in any other language, you must submit a certified translation for each.

To get a certified translation, you must find a certified translator (duh :P).

Who are Certified Translators?

A certified translator is a professional who is a member of one of these Associations of translators of Canada:

The links above contains lists of the translators associated with each entity.


s May 31, 2021 00:09:15

Hi I offer translation service for Chinese/Japanese/Korean to Englishand also Chinese transcription to Chinese or English. Hope we can work together in the future. Have a nice day. Steve skype: steve800818

Alper Aug 27, 2021 05:45:36

So wait I'm confused. If I'm in Turkey and applying for FSW, can't I translate them here at a Turkish certified translator office? do I have to send them to Canada? or is this exclusively for CEC applicants?

Gabriel (Author) Aug 30, 2021 16:13:53

Hi Alper, that's a good question. You CAN get it done in Turkey, using an "affidavit". This what the IRCC website says: " In situations where the translation cannot be provided by a certified translator, it must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. An affidavit for a translation is a document that states that the translation is an accurate version of the original text. The translator swears that their translation is an accurate representation of the contents of the original document. The translator does this in front of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country where they live. The commissioner or notary public must be proficient in English or French in order to administer the oath. All stamps and seals that are not in English or French must also be translated. Who can take an affidavit In Canada: a notary public a commissioner of oaths a commissioner of taking affidavits Outside Canada: a notary public, or equivalent " Source: The trick is that each country has different processes/notary systems, so you'd need to find someone on Turkey that fits the requirements above. Makes sense?

Leave a comment: